Please follow us on Twitter @popstheclub
Please follow us on YouTube
Visit (and Like) us on Facebook
Visit us on Instagram
If you are interested in volunteering, please fill out the Volunteer Form; questions about volunteering, contact Meryah Fisher, Volunteer Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org. We are always looking for volunteers for our in-school meetings as well as people to serve as guest speakers and event volunteers.
If you have any other questions about POPS the Club, please contact our Program Manager, Mel Keedle, email@example.com
If you have other questions, media enquiries, or ideas for us, or if you would like to start a POPS Club in your high school, please contact our Executive Director, Amy Friedman, firstname.lastname@example.org.
People often ask us if POPS the Club is right for middle schoolers and elementary schoolers; POPS the Club is specifically designed for students over age 14, but we are working on initiatives to pair our high school POPS students and graduates with younger children.
THE EIGHT NECESSITIES FOR STARTING A POPS CLUB:
- Approval by high school (and/or district) administrators (we are glad to help you make the pitch!)
- a high-school-based sponsor (or sponsors), with a room for weekly meetings (we provide training for all school sponsors)
- volunteers from the community (we provide volunteer training)
- Food (a central feature of POPS clubs meetings is a communal meal; we will work with you to make this possible)
- Supplies (cups, plates, napkins, serving utensils)
- A set of POPS the Club anthologies (we provide each new club with a set of anthologies; your POPS students will be welcome to submit their work for publication in future anthologies)
- POPS the Club training (we provide frequent trainings and can make training available via Skype as well; we provide training manuals)
- POPS the Club one-page agreement (between school & POPStheclub.com, Inc.)
*Many administrators require bylaws and an MOU (Memo of Understanding). We are happy to work with your administrators to create these per your school’s needs. We are happy to provide you with samples of both.
Snail mail enquiries can reach us at P.O. Box 10461, Marina Del Rey, California 90295.